The following list is foundational to the ministry of Grace Christian Academy*
- We believe the Bible in its original writing, is inspired by God, without error and the standard by which all knowledge is judged and taught. (II Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (I John 5:4-6)
- Jesus Christ is God’s Son. He was born of a virgin as both God and man, lived a sinless life, died to pay the penalty for the sins of man, was buried, rose from the grave, and ascended into heaven where He will continually minister as our Great High Priest and Advocate. (I Corinthians 15:3, I Peter 2:21-24, John 3:16)
- Salvation is a free gift offered to everyone on the basis of God’s grace and mercy. To receive this gift, the sinner must place his / her faith in Christ alone for the redemption of sin and eternal life in heaven. (Romans 3:20-21, Galatians 5:22-25)
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose dwelling enables the Christian to live a Godly life. (Galatians 5:22-23)
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved to life, and the lost to damnation. (John 5:24, 28, 29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 17:21-23)
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Grace Christian Academy (GCA) as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the GCA members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by GCA in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22.)
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Grace Christian Academy.
*This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. The school board at Grace Christian Academy is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application for the purposes of Grace Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline.
Can't Find Something?
Grace Christian Academy
Grace Baptist Church
2499 Waldron Rd. Kankakee, Il 60901
FAX: (815) 939-1334
Consider Supporting the ministries of GCA with a monthly donation.
A ministry of Grace Baptist Church
© 2020 GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Grace Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to GCA students. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of our educational policies, admissions procedures, tuition assistance awards, athletic and other school administered programs. We do, however, reserve the right to deny admission to any individual who cannot benefit from enrollment based on past academic achievement, disqualifying disability, or whose personal life-style is not in harmony with the stated philosophy and purpose of Grace Christian Academy.