All summer, we have patiently watched the many iterations of the ISBE/IDPH COVID policies and how that will affect the opening of school this fall. The following plan takes into consideration current guidance, what other regional RVC schools are doing, and our local COVID situation.
- GCA will be open fully for in-person learning for all student attendance days for the 2021-2022 school year. School hours for elementary are 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m., and secondary are 8:30 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
- As long as local health data/metrics support, there will be no universal mask mandate for students/staff.
- The school will use the following mitigation measures to begin the school year:
- Continue with increased cleaning/disinfecting
- Continue increased hand washing/sanitizing
- Ensuring that sick and symptomatic students stay home
- Continue with contact tracing and quarantine procedures set forth by CDC and IDPH
- Limiting access to the building. Arrival and Dismissal procedures will remain the same as last year. Students will be welcomed and, if needed, escorted to the gymnasium in the morning. Elementary students will be dismissed when their parents arrive in the parking lot starting at 3:10 p.m. Secondary students will be dismissed at 3:25 p.m. Any parent meetings/appointments should be scheduled ahead of time for access to the building.
- Remote Learning will only be offered to those students under a quarantine order by a local public health department or the IDPH. The remote learning experience will be at the discretion of the individual teachers.
- Individuals will not be required to disclose their vaccination status to the school. However, GCA will use this information during contact tracing. Parents, students and staff may wish to voluntarily disclose their vaccination status to avoid a mandatory quarantine for close contact with a COVID-positive person.
- Students and staff who are not fully vaccinated should quarantine after recent exposure to someone with COVID-19. Fully vaccinated people in close contact with someone who has tested positive do not need to quarantine or be tested if not showing symptoms. Quarantine policy is made and communicated by Kankakee County Health Department officials.
- GCA will continue to monitor local health data and consult with local public health officials. Should local health data require increased mitigations (i.e., mask mandate, increased social distancing, changes in lunch, remote learning, etc.), GCA will make such changes to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff.
Can't Find Something?
Grace Christian Academy
Grace Baptist Church
2499 Waldron Rd. Kankakee, Il 60901
FAX: (815) 939-1334
Consider Supporting the ministries of GCA with a monthly donation.
A ministry of Grace Baptist Church
© 2020 GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Grace Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to GCA students. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of our educational policies, admissions procedures, tuition assistance awards, athletic and other school administered programs. We do, however, reserve the right to deny admission to any individual who cannot benefit from enrollment based on past academic achievement, disqualifying disability, or whose personal life-style is not in harmony with the stated philosophy and purpose of Grace Christian Academy.